Respect Qur’an School
Knowing that learning Qur’an is vital and it is an endless process, Respect Qur’an School (RQS) is committed to preparing students to perform Islamic practices in the best way possible. Therefore, we have designed the Qur’an school to last 2 years. The program consists of 6 levels and students have the option of additional individual studies with our esteemed faculty who have extensive experience in teaching Qur’an. Let’s take a look at the levels, subject matters, objectives and expected student learning outcomes.
- Level 1: Mixed content for daily prescribed prayers, supplications, and more.
- Level 2: Mixed content for daily prescribed prayers, supplications, and more.
- Level 3: Mixed content for daily prescribed prayers, supplications, and more.
- Level 4: Mixed content for daily prescribed prayers, supplications, and more.
- Level 5: Qur’anic Arabic.
- Level 6: The Art of Reciting the Quran.
This level contains ta’lîm, tajweed, reading, and memorization activities. After completing these 4 levels,
- students will be able to apply all tajweed rules correctly
- students will be able to articulate tajweed rules correctly
- students will be able to read some major chapters from Qur’an and supplications based on pronunciation rules
- students will be able to read some major chapters from Qur’an and supplications based on tajweed rules
- students will be familiarized with common expressions in Qur’an so that they will be able to read Qur’an fluently.
- students will be able to read/recite Qur’an without in need of supervision, finding out his/her own mistakes
- students will memorize a significant number of supplications and chapters from the Quran, which are required to maintain prescribed daily prayers and other worships
- students will be able to start the next level
How many years you have been reading Qur’an? Some of you may say 20, 30, or even 40 years. If I ask you to recite a page of the Qur’an and then ask you to summarize what Allah tells us on this page, would you be able to? RQS aims to enable students to do so. Qur’anic Arabic is different than modern Arabic. In this level, students will be directed to learn certain phrases, words, and grammatical rules repeated in Qur’an most often. These elements are essential to understand the Qur’anic verses.
In this level students will learn major maqamaat in Qur’anic recitation, such as Saba, Nihawand, Rast, Highaz, etc. with musical instruments. In this level, students will be able to differentiate maqamaat, to recite Qur’an with maqamaat (depending on student’s vocal qualifications), to know the relationship between maqamaat and meaning, and to appreciate the Art of Qur’anic recitation
This level is perfect for beginners who have some or no experience with reading the Qur’an. The length of this level is 14 weeks with 2 hours/week. Students at any age can enroll in this class. An esteemed instructor will be assigned based on your age, gender, and preferred language. After completing this level, students will be able to read Qur’an in Arabic and will be ready to take regular levels
In Memorization Level 1, students will memorize designated pages of the following chapters: Al-Ya-Sin, Al-Duhan, Al-Fath, Al-Qaf, Al-Najm, Al-Rahman, Al-Hashr, Al-Mulk, and all chapters of the Juz 30th. Qur’anic chapters, which will be memorized, will be in ta’lîm format with instructor verse by verse and will be listened from a professional reciter from a mujawwed recitation (e.g. Khalil Husari). The instructor will make sure that students will read each assigned page from chapters of the Qur’an in-class activity and homework format. In this level, students will not only memorize Qur’an but also improve his/her active memory, solve focusing problems, gain better self-study ability.
This level consists of some selected verses from chapters of the Qur’an. What is unique at this level is that this level will enable students to memorize a kind of summary of the Qur’an. Also, students will be able to speak about religious topics based on Qur’anic verses, follow the sunnah of Rasûlullâh (PBUH), and perform prescribed prayers based on the selected verses. For instance, the first 10 verses of surah al-Kahf will be memorized based on a hadith of the Messenger (PBUH): “If anyone learns by heart the first ten verses of the Surah al-Kahf, s/he will be protected from the Dajjal” (Sahih Muslim: Book #004, Hadith #1766). Again, the general principles in memorization of the Qur’an are still valid in this level as such: Qur’anic chapters, which will be memorized, will be in ta’lîm format with instructor verse by verse and will be listened from a mujawwed recitation (e.g. Khalil Husari)The instructor will make sure that students will read each assigned page from chapters of the Qur’an in-class activity and homework format. In this level, students will not only memorize Qur’an but also improve his/her active memory, solve focusing problems, gain better self-study ability.
- Length of the Qur’an School:
- Each semester one level will be completed in 14 weeks starting in October 2020 (*or as soon as there are enough students to begin)
- Students will get 2 Hours class per week for lecture or Instruction and 1 hour per week for individual follow up via Zoom or similar online platforms. A semester has a minimum of 42 hours of instructions and activities
- The whole program/levels will be completed in 6 semesters to get a certification from RQS
- 3 Levels can be finished in a year as Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters
- Individual studies will be completed in 14 weeks as well to meet the specific needs of students who may apply. Also, students may get predetermined memorization levels as summarized above. Individual/Private instructions will take 2 hours/week
- Cost of RQS:
- $400/Students/Level (Approximately 9.5$/hour)
- $2,400 for the Certification upon completing 6 levels
- $800/ Semester for Individual Studies (Private Qur’an Classes)
- Required Information for Enrollment:
- Name of Student
- Contact information: Phone number, email address
- Gender and Age
- Choice of Language for Classes: 1) English 2) Turkish
- Desired instructor name (if any)
- Payment: $400per student/Level can be divided into 4 Equal Payments Here
- Enrollment Process and Other Information:
- Students 10-13 years, 14-17 years old can enroll as well as adults 18 years old and older. For students younger than 10, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must join interview sessions for level placements and language proficiency
- Students will be contacted for further steps after completing the initial enrollment steps
- Each class will have 5-8 students
- Students will receive an email from RQS for further instructions and details about the program
- If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com